Call us for bulk purchase discounts!
Filtakleen Replacement Cartridges FIL-C78 Specifications
Filtakleen Filter Cartridge Benefits
- Filter Media: Cellulose fiber, cardboard core, and nylon casing
- Replacement for Filtration Systems: FIL-878 and FIL-HY778
- Cartridge Life: 9,000 miles or 3 months (whichever comes first)
- Micron Rating: 1 micron
- Size: Up to 12 gallons
- Contaminant Holding Capacity: 13 oz / 390 ml
- Application: Medium duty for engine & lube oils and hydraulics
- Contaminant Reduction: Removes up to 99.5% of water and effectively reduces soot and acids
- Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Common Applications and Industries
- Significantly reduces engine wear and corrosion by removing contaminants down to 1 micron in size, as well as 100% of water to assist in reducing soot, carbon, and acid buildup.
- Extends oil life by as much as 5 times longer in-between oil changes, as well as increasing the life of full-flow filters and of the machinery.
- Increases fuel efficiency by as much as 3%, and effectively reduces emissions.
- Quick and easy installation with quick and easy filter cartridge replacement.
- Natural gas
- Road graders
- Automotive diesel
- Stationary equipment
How will bypass filtration benefit my equipment?
Most engines and other fuel systems come equipped with an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) primary fuel filter. These filters, however, usually only filter contaminants anywhere from 10 microns to 40 microns in size. Studies have shown, however, that particles smaller than 10 microns can still cause wear to the engine and system. Bypass systems work in addition to the primary filter, with Filtakleen filters filtering particles as small as 1 micron in size. This means cleaner fuel for a longer engine life, increased intervals between oil changes, and often times, increased fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
Does oil wear out?
Oil does not actually wear out. Regular oil changes are required because over time, oil will collect dirt and other contaminants that can damage the machinery. Oil additive packages maintain the viscosity and lubricating qualities of oil. Although bypass filtration will extend oil life and the time in between oil changes by keeping the fuel cleaner, the oil will still eventually require changing due to the deterioration of additives (about once a year versus every 3 months).
Will increased filtration remove any additives from my oil?
The additives in oil are too fine to be removed from the oil by a bypass filtration system. The average oil additive is about .04 microns in size, and Filtakleen filters remove contaminants down to 1 micron in size.
What happens if I fail to change the filter when it reaches capacity?
With a Filtakleen bypass filtration system, if the filter has reached capacity the flow of fuel through the filtration system will stop. In many other bypass filtration systems, however, the fuel may build up, leak out of the filter housing, or be sent to the air filter, which can result in frequent air filter changes and a huge mess.
Will a Filtakleen By-Pass Filtration System void the equipment warranty?
Manufacturers do not state that proper installation of a bypass filtration system will invalidate a warranty. Filtakleen states on their site, “We have letters from every major manufacturer clearly stating that fitting Filtakleen and extending oil change intervals will not invalidate warranties.”