The AT8-CM has been discontinued and replaced with AE7-CM / AE7-BN
Sprite Showers Traditional Cascade Filtered Shower Head
Sprite Cascade Shower Filter Advantages
- Filtration Technology: Chlorgon
- Cartridge Lifetime: 15,000 gallons or 6 months (whichever comes first)
- Cartridge Included: SLC Slim-Line Cartridge
- Flow Rate: 2.5 gallons per minute (Standard flow rate for most shower heads, resulting in little to no pressure loss)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Health & Cosmetic Benefits
- Long-lasting Replacement Filters: Two compatible filter cartridges available (either the 6-month SLC Slim-Line Cartridge or the 9-month ARC Royale Cartridge)
- Durable Construction: Filter unit and shower head are made of solid brass and are designed for long-lasting use
- Easy Installation: Installs in minutes and requires only a wrench
- Certified Performance and Construction: Certified to NSF Standard 177 for chlorine reduction, lead-free material construction, and structural integrity
- Softer, healthier skin and hair
- Relief from dry skin and scalp
- Reduced fading in color-treated hair
- Improved lathering and sudsing
How does the Sprite shower filtration technology work?
The Sprite shower filter utilizes Chlorgon. Chlorgon is a proprietary and patented filtration media developed by Sprite Industries, and it works by converting chlorine into chloride. Chlorgon works in a very similar manner to KDF-55 but is much more efficient at removing chlorine in high temperatures, making it an ideal media for shower water filtration.
Does the shower filter work like a softener?
Not exactly. A softener removes only hard water minerals, like calcium and iron. A shower filter is designed to remove dangerous chemical contaminants and heavy metals. If you’ve used a softener before, you may have noticed that your skin feels slippery after showering. That is because a softener adds salt to your water as a part of the hard water reduction process, and it makes the soap harder to rinse off of your skin. The shower filter will not add any salt, so the soap will still rinse off easily and leave your skin feeling soft and clean.
Does the shower filter soften the water?
The shower filter will not soften water in the way a traditional softener does, but it will remove chlorine and other chemical contaminants, making the water much less harsh and leaving your skin and hair feeling significantly softer.
Will the shower filter reduce water pressure?
The Sprite shower filters are certified to process water at 2.5 gallons per minute, which is the same flow regulation as a most standard shower heads. Unless you currently use a high-flow shower head, you should not experience any pressure loss.